[Tango-A] MISC: BEYOND TANGO: UNIQUE TANGO TRIPS 2006 and 2007

christina johnson User kikibri at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 16 10:50:32 EDT 2006

BEYOND TANGO, LLC  (that recently changed it's name from Exotic Tango
Vacations) is a company that offers the adventure of multicultural
experiences with the boundless learning of Argentine tango in all of its
expressions.
>From the hill towns of Italy and the mystic crusader trails of France to the
native indigenous volcano country of Guatemala to colonial jewels of Mexico;
our tango travel explores smaller communities with rich history.

            Hawai'i and British Columbia, are other places we have taken
tangueros on mouth watering, never to be forgotten odysseys.

            The teachers we choose are masters of the tango world, and we
travel together in vacation mode. Unless the trip is a larger festival
occurrence, the teachers each only one and a half hours a day committed to
teaching, and so they also benefit from hours of relaxation, fun, and
discovery.

The next trips scheduled are: PASSION OF THE AMERICAS TANGO AND JAZZ
FESTIVAL, in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico Nov. 1 thru 5.
             A fantastic time with our own orchestra imported from Europe
and South America, teachers are: Hsueh-tze Lee, Cecilia Gonzalez, Eduardo
Saucedo, and Paulo Araujo. The events include ghost town, pre-hispanic
orchestra concert, hot springs, mariachi tango milonga, MANY MORE parties,
lectures, milongas, classes, events. Mostly intermediate and advanced
classes, with some beginner.

TANGO BY THE SEA: Jan. 21-28, 2007. Our annual sun drench in January, in a
tropical paradise at a jungle eco-resort near Puerto Vallarta. Sea turtles
are hatching, whales are migrating; horseback ride, snorkel, dinner and shop
in Vallarta. Sip a margarita at sunset from the tango seaside studio without
even having to go to your room to change. Heaven in a coconut shell! Cecilia
Gonzales wants this teaching position every year, but other teachers not yet
chosen. All levels of dancer welcome.

TANGO CLIMAX:
First two weeks of May, 2007. Advanced dancers only. Maximum number may be
only 16 people. Registration opens in October 2006.

Last May, the mayor of the little Brazilian town of Esperantina announced
Orgasm Day as May 9!
 Inspired, I decided the time had come for this particular offering of
climactic tango: several days in Buenos Aires, a couple of days in
Montevideo, Uruguay, and  several days in Mendoza at an extraordinary
winery/lodge/chef¹s school where we take over the wine cellar as our milonga
and creative movement habitat.
            If you are an advanced dancer of Argentine tango, the chances
are great that you have been to Bs As not just once, but several times. We
will cut the ties with the addictive city to make our halfway house in this
gorgeous countryside estancia, with the Andes mountains as part of the view.
            Then, if you want to spend more time in Buenos Aires or head off
to Brazil for more of the big ³O², you can stay as long as you like.

See this link for a good article on tango and Montevideo:
  http://www.haerter-tango.de/montevid-e.htm
<http://www.haerter-tango.de/montevid-e.htm>

TANGO QUETZAL:  August, 2007. Eight days of mystical serenity and
kaleidoscopes of color in the Guatemalan highland destinations of Antigua
and Lake Atitlan.
Antigua Guatemala has wonderful restaurants, architecture, shopping, and a
peaceful, restful ambiance. Filled with surprises and treasures, Guatemala
is astoundingly beautiful. The town of Panajachel at the Lake A. is another
wonderful small town, with boat access to cross the lake and explore the
villages on the other side. The lake is called by many ³the most beautiful
lake in the world² and indeed, ringed by volcanoes and dramatic sky, it is
astonishing.
            Our hotel, Hotel Atitlan, is a sophisticated and original luxury
lodging with our dance studio right by the lake. See links with the page
below.
http://www.enjoyguatemala.com/

Contact CHRISTINA JOHNSON at beyondtango at earthlink.net for more information.
See www.beyondtango.com