[Tango-A] NA-E: BENEFIT BLUE MOON MILONGA & SILENT AUCTION Friday 11th 9:30pm

infocelebratetango info at celebratetango.com
Thu Aug 10 12:15:36 EDT 2006

BLUE MOON MILONGA, hosted by Valeria Solomonoff
A Special New York Milonga for a Very Special Person
A Benefit for Ruby Patel ( see below for who Ruby is)

Friday, August 11th
9:30pm-12:30am
Dance Manhattan, 39 West 19th Street, 5th Floor, NY, NY 212 807-0802
$9 General Admission, $5 for Dance Manhattan Students

Live Music Donated by:
HECTOR DEL CURTO¹S ETERNAL TANGO ORCHESTRA with special gust artist
PABLO ZEIGLER

Performance donated by:
JENNIFER BRATT & NEY MELO
Possible other amazing performers yet to be confirmed

SILENT AUCTION ITEMS DONATED (see list below):
Bid in person or by phone till Friday noon at 212 877-3273

Ruby Patel is someone who has been a real Friend of Tango in New York City.
In addition
to being a fine dancer, an excellent hostess and a super chef, she has been
an important and truly giving member of our community for a number of years.
Now, it is our hope that that the Tango community will help to return the
favor. Ruby has been undergoing medical treatment for a very serious
illness. Like many Americans, she is without health insurance. She is no
longer able to work, and the expenses are mounting.
In order to come to her assistance, Sara Ruderman (Tango Escape) and I
(Ellen Sowchek) , together with the fabulous folks at Dance Manhattan, are
organizing this benefit for Ruby at the regular monthly Blue Moon Milonga
hosted by Valeria Solomonoff.

There will be:
wonderful people and dancing excellent refreshments
The proceeds will go towards helping Ruby in what is really her time of
need.

 We hope that you will all be able to come. If you cannot,  however, and
would still like to make a contribution, bid on one of our silent auction
items, or donate one yourself, please contact Sara Ruderman at 212 877-3273.

SILENT AUCTION ITEMS DONATED TO DATE:
Dance Lessons, etc
Elena Iannucci  - Swing Private lesson
Andrew D¹Angelo ­ Swing Private lesson
Walter Perez ­ Salsa or Tango Private lesson
Rodney Lopez ­ Salsa private Lesson
Lori Brizzi ­ Private Lesson ­ you pick the dance
Gayatri Martin ­ one month of admissions to La Boca

Bodywork
Jean Fung ­ Feldenkrais private Lesson
Gayatri Martin ­ Bowen Technique 45  min session ( Bowtech is unique in the
field of bodywork. Its relatively few, gentle "moves" over muscle and other
soft tissue address the whole body, stimulating it to reset and heal itself.
The healing may occur at all levels as needed: physical, chemical,
emotional, mental, energetic, etc.)

The Pantry
Andrea Giardino ­ picnic for 4
Franklin Ayala ­ dinner for 2 at Taz

Clothing/Shoes
Lucille Krasne ­ Hand painted silk scarf
                       Hand painted silk tie
Cynthia ­ spandex Jersey tops, assorted
Bebe Winkler ­ 5 pair shoes size 8
Ellen Sowchek ­ 2 pair shoes size 10

Special
Lexa Rosean ­ Tarot Card reading
Louise Barra ­ haircut, set and styling

Please help us to make this evening a great success!