[StarCluster] How to setup a cluster using cc2.8xlarge?

Harry Timtschenko Harry.Timtschenko at autodesk.com
Wed May 16 02:30:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

Using StarCluster 0.93.3 - I'm trying to setup a cluster using the AMI ami-4583572c and instance type cc2.8xlarge. This results in the following error.

>>> Validating cluster template settings...
>>> Cluster template settings are valid
>>> Starting cluster...
>>> Launching a 2-node cluster...
>>> Creating security group @sc-harryclusterCPU...
>>> Creating placement group @sc-harryclusterCPU...
!!! ERROR - Unsupported: The requested configuration is currently not supported.
Please check the documentation for supported configurations.

Using cc1.4xlarge works OK.

I've also tried the CentOS AMI ami-12b6477b with cc2.8xlarge but no luck.

Any ideas on how to setup a cluster using cc2.8xlarge?

Thanks,
Harry