[StarCluster] Help needed with running mpich2 plugin using starcluster

Subbarao Kota subbarao.kota at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 14:54:29 EST 2012

Hi Justin, Thanks so much for taking time on this.

Everytimg I am starting the cluster using StarCluster I am receiving the errors as in the attached file. I have also attached my config file. Some values are replaced such as access_keys.

1. Why are these errors being received? See attached file (cluster_startup_errors) for errors. Also attached is the crash_report.
2. I included a [plugin mpich2] section in the config file but when starting the cluster with this setting doesn't seem start the plugins. Why is that?

My goal is to run some benchmarks (specifically STREAM (MPI version in C), IOR and NAS MPI) on Amazon EC2 instances. Once I am successful in running these on just 1 instance, my plan is to run them on 2 nodes, 4 nodes, 6 nodes and 8 nodes to evaluate the performance of these benchmarks. And I need to run them with MPICH2.

So far I have been able to run STREAM and IOR benchmarks on t1.micro instance. Now I want to create a small cluster of 2 nodes and run them. I think StarCluster  can help me accomplish it.

Thanks,
Subbarao Kota.