[Save] Henry W. Kendall Memorial Lecture

Matthew Gardner gardner at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 23 16:27:29 EST 2004

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, the Department
of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Earth System Initiative at
the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are pleased to announce the
Fourth Annual Henry W. Kendall Memorial Lecture to be held on Wednesday
April 7, 2004 at 5pm, Room 10-250 on the MIT campus.

We are delighted that this year's speaker is Dr. George Woodwell, founder
of the Woods Hole Research Center, founder and former Director of the
Ecosystems Center at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, a
founding trustee of the World Resources Institute, and the recipient of
numerous awards and recognitions for his research and conservation efforts
(see www.whrc.org for more information on the Woods Hole Research Center
and Dr. Woodwell).

The title of his talk will be "Disruption Climatic and Political - Towards
a World that Works".

For directions to the lecture follow this link:
http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?selection=10&Buildings=go
For more information, email esinfo at mit.edu.

We hope that you can join us for this event to honor the legacy of Henry
Kendall.

Regards,

Kip Hodges, Professor of Geology
John Marshall, Professor of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
MIT Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences

Matthew Gardner, Ph.D.
Program Administrator
Earth System Initiative, 16-177
Massachusetts Institute of Technology