[Save] Energy & Environment Potluck Dinner

Elke Hodson elkeh at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 18 12:03:06 EST 2004

Dear all,
The Boston Area Grad Student Energy & Environment Potluck Dinner is
getting closer. It's next Thursday (Feb19th),  starting at 8h30pm on the
Simmons Hall,
MIT, . It's going to be fun and lots of interesting people, over 50
students confirmed!!  :-)

WHAT TO BRING?
-This is a potluck dinner. Bring your yummiest delicacies and favorite
drinks. Remember, what we bring is what we eat/drink. And we all have
heard about the
Tragedy of the Commons... ;-)     There is a full kitchen, so we can
warm up stuff or even cook there.

-For those of you who feel like being sustainable, bring your own dish,
silverware, cup and cloth napkin, and we'll reduce the amount of waste
generated. They can
be washed in the kitchen afterwards.

- If you have printed materials you want to share, bring some copies.
Excellent opportunity to bring information and leaflets about
conferences, student groups,
events, our academic programs, research, articles, etc. Remember, we
won't have power point slides or boring speeches.

WHERE IS IT?
Simmons Hall, MIT (thanks Xiaomin & SFGS guys!). 229 Vassar Street,
Cambridge, MA. In order to get in the building, you'll have to check-in
at the front desk.
Those of you who have confirmed, will be on a list. Those of you who
haven't, make sure you do so by Thursday, so we can get you in the front
desk  list.

     cofirmation to: Miquel Munoz :  miquel at bu.edu

OTHERS
Please, make sure news about the potluck dinner reach as many of our
fellow energy&environment grad students as possible. The more the
merrier!

I am very happy that the idea has had such a positive response from all
of you, and look forward to meet everyone on Thursday.

cheers,

miquel

DIRECTIONS
Simmons Hall is the funny-looking-like cubic building with lots of small
windows.

by car: type "229 Vassar Street, Cambridge MA" on maps.yahoo.com,
mapquest.com or similar and follow the instructions. No parking permit
necessary to park in
Vassar street or area.

by bike: the same as by car, but parking rack is behind the building

by public transportation: from Mass Av: Take the bus #1 and get off at
Mass Av. with Vassar St. Walk Vassar street till the Simmons Hall.
By T: get off at Kendall, walk up Mass av until you hit Vassar street
and then Vassar street till Simmons Hall. Aprox 15 min. walk.