[Save] a footrace to benefit the Charles River Conservancy-- volunteers needed

Jessica Lee jalee at MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 14 15:56:21 EDT 2003

Are you an athlete? An organizer? Are you excited about preserving our river?

I've started work with Community Running (a local running club) and the
Charles River Conservancy to plan a footrace to raise money for the CRC! It
will take place in spring of 2004, probably early May, and the course will
follow the banks of the Charles, for maybe 5 km.

None of the details have been decided yet. We've just begun planning, and
we're looking for anyone who wants to help organize race logistics--
permits, sponsors, timing, registration, and especially publicity. And then
volunteers on race day.

Would you like to help? We're having a kick-off meeting this Monday,
September 15, at 8:00 pm at Alpine Bagels (Student Center). I'm sorry it's
late notice, but if you can't make it to the meeting, email me that you're
interested and we'll get in touch. All ideas are welcome-- whether or not
you've had experience doing this kind of stuff. Please let me know by email
if you want to come!

Jessica