Exception Classes which use T100 Message - IF_T100_MESSAGE

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 20:52:58 EST 2012

G'day Wuggers,

Is it possible to utilise T100 based exceptions within WF?

I've created an sub-class of CX_BO_TEMPORARY and included an Exception ID
which is based on a T100 message including variables. I've extended my
class to have additional attributes for passing in data (MV1, MV2, MV3, MV4
all like SYMSGV) which are then referenced as appropriate in the pop-up for
assigning a T100 message to the Exception ID.

When I raise the exception, I pass in the additional parameters.

If I test this via a simple harness program, the text of the message is
resolved correctly.

When I integrate into WF, the variable isn't resolved and remains as MV1 in
the text of the WF log.

I've seen some prior posts from Jocelyn that suggest adding a BAPIRET2
based table and redefining the GET_TEXT method to offer the ability of
passing multiple messages with a single exception. Is this necessary to
even handle a basic scenario?

I've found OSS note 1671428 (yet to be translated) which looks promising
but am waiting for it to be applied to the system. However in thinking it
through further I doubt it will change anything since CX_BO_TEMPORARY
doesn't implement IF_T100_MESSAGE.

Can anyone confirm if the T100 based exceptions are possible in WF, or do I
need to go down the path of redefining GET_TEXT as suggested by Jocelyn?

Many thanks,
Mark