[QIP-Sem] MIT Quantum Information Processing Seminar Announcement

QIP-Sem Mailing List qip-sem-own at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 30 10:22:02 EDT 2004

Next week's MIT QIP seminar will take place on Monday, May 3 at 16:00
in 4-237, and features:

Quantum Information Processing with Non-Interacting Electrons

by Markus Kindermann (CMI Postdoctoral Fellow in Physics at MIT)

ABSTRACT

It has been shown that non-interacting Fermions measured in the
computational basis cannot be used to implement Quantum Algorithms
with their inherent exponential speed-up. In this talk I will first
describe an experimentally feasible scheme that allows to generate
entangled quantum states of electrons without requiring two-particle
interactions. The scheme can be extended to teleport quantum
information. This suggests, that also universal Quantum Computation
may be possible with non-interacting electrons. I will show, that
this is indeed the case if one allows for a generalized measurement.