[QIP-Sem] MIT QIP Seminar Announcement

QIP-Sem Mailing List qip-sem-own at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 14 09:12:43 EST 2003

Next week's MIT QIP seminar will take place on Monday November 17 at
16:00 hours in room 4-270, and features:

Our Recent Attempts to Understand the Quantum Adiabatic Algorithm

by Prof. Eddie Farhi (MIT Center for Theoretical Physics)

ABSTRACT

The Quantum Adiabatic Algorithm is a promising candidate for solving
some computationally interesting problems, but it has not been
possible to determine the required run time of the algorithm in these
cases. I will report on recent attempts to study the performance of
the algorithm on randomly generated sets of instances.