[Purple-Blurb] Steve Meretzky in Stata at 6pm

Nick Montfort nickm at nickm.com
Mon Oct 6 10:56:29 EDT 2008

Purple Blurb regulars,

Because Steve Meretzky's talk is not in our usual location (instead, it is
in the unmistakable Stata Center, room 32-141) I'm sending this reminder.
I think we're going to have a great time hearing from Steve tonight and
discussing writing and gaming with him. I hope you can make it out.

   STEVE MERETZKY
   Monday (Oct 6) at 6pm
   32-141

Award-studded "game god"* Steve Meretzky will speak on Monday (Oct 6) at
6pm in the Stata Center, 32-141.

Steve Meretzky's first job in computer gaming was at the Cambridge company
Infocom, which was the leading interactive fiction developer. Meretzky
became the company's most prolific author, writing Planetfall, A Mind
Forever Voyaging, and Leather Goddesses of Phobos and co-authoring The
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with Douglas Adams.

Meretzky has since worked at Legend Entertainment, Boffo Games (which he
co-founded), and WorldWinner. He is currently at Blue Fang Games.

Meretzky won the 2008 Game Design Challenge at GDC and recently starred in
the MC Frontalot video "It Is Pitch Dark."

Meretzky will speak, have a public conversation with Purple Blurb host
Nick Montfort, and then take questions from the audience. The event is
free and open to the public. To learn more about the Purple Blurb series
of which this talk is a part, see: http://nickm.com/if/purple_blurb

* According to the magazine PC Gamer.

--
-   Nick Montfort         nickm at nickm.com   http://nickm.com