[panda-users] Osi_linux plugin

Manolis Stamatogiannakis mstamat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 14:40:55 EDT 2015

When you run the plugin, kernelinfo.conf must exist in your current
directory. So just soft-link it from the source directory of the plugin.

In your case however, the stock kernelinfo.conf won't work because it
currently contains only information for the 32bit kernel used by debian
stable.
So you have to compile the kernelinfo module in a guest running (ideally)
the same kernel you want to introspect.
Then insert it into the kernel (insertion always fails) and use the
supplied python script to extract the offsets for that kernel.

The offsets should then be appended to kernelinfo.conf. Also make a pull
request for the updated kernelinfo.conf when you do this.

IIRC, the kernelinfo module had some glitches which prevented it from
compiling in recent kernels (e.g. 3.20). So if you encounter any problems,
drop me an email so that I expedit making a pull request for the fixed
version.

Cheers,
M.

M.