[OWW-SC] New icons for OWW Feedback and Lab Notebook

Austin Che austin at csail.mit.edu
Tue Jan 22 10:41:15 EST 2008

> I took a look at the google analytics on the main page (attached).
> There were a fair number of clicks on the protocols link, but
> unfortunately it doesn't distinguish between those that were on the
> tool bar and those that were on the main page.

    The most common click from the Main Page is to itself? Does that
    mean we're confusing people to clicking in circles?

> I'm kind of against removing the protocols button on the main page,
> personally.  someone new to the site (e.g. the people I think the main
> page is targeted to)  might not notice the small links on the left
> hand side.  same goes for help and about us, which I think should be
> featured prominently.  resources could probably go.

    I thought the majority of new users come in not through the front
    page but via google. If we want to feature protocols prominently,
    we should make the link in the sidebar stand out more.

    I agree the current about us link in the blue box could be made to
    stand out more prominently.

    I don't think help matters. The help isn't for non-oww users and
    oww users should be able to find it.

--
Austin Che           <austin at csail.mit.edu>          (617)253-5899