[OWW-SC] New icons for OWW Feedback and Lab Notebook

Austin Che austin at csail.mit.edu
Sun Jan 20 17:12:20 EST 2008

> 2) I've switched out the community portal button on the main page to instead
> point to blogs.  Again, I think blogs are gaining more traction than the
> community portal ever did.  Please let me know if you object.  (We talked
> about this idea previously at an SC meeting but we never actually
> implemented it.)
>
> 3) I've removed the random page link from the default mediawiki sidebar.
> Again, I don't think it is a particularly useful link to justify being
> included on all pages by default.  But let me know if you object.

    I agree with the things that have been removed from the
    sidebar. But we have plenty of extra space there and if really
    think the buttons on the front page are important, we should just
    put them in the sidebar. It would reduce the front page
    clutter and allow people coming in at a random page to see that
    there's more on the site than whatever they're looking at.

    BTW, oww is "slow" loading with 71% of sites being faster than us
    http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main/openwetware.org
    I'm sure having many different icons doesn't help.

--
Austin Che           <austin at csail.mit.edu>          (617)253-5899