[OWW-SC] New icons for OWW Feedback and Lab Notebook

Reshma Shetty rshetty at MIT.EDU
Sun Jan 20 12:25:24 EST 2008

Hey all,

Some quick suggestions re navigation on the site ...

1) Let's use the current community portal navigation bar icon (the talk
bubble) as the icon for feedback and remove the community portal link from
the navigation bar.  Although I think the community portal should be useful,
I am not sure that we've effectively figured out how to use the community
portal page on OWW so keeping it in the navigation box on the side is
probably unnecessary.  In the two days since the feedback page was launched,
I think it has shown itself to be more useful than the community portal ever
was :)  Does anyone on the SC use the community portal or object to this
change?

2) I've switched out the community portal button on the main page to instead
point to blogs.  Again, I think blogs are gaining more traction than the
community portal ever did.  Please let me know if you object.  (We talked
about this idea previously at an SC meeting but we never actually
implemented it.)

3) I've removed the random page link from the default mediawiki sidebar.
Again, I don't think it is a particularly useful link to justify being
included on all pages by default.  But let me know if you object.

-Reshma

PS I'm also ok with a new loudspeaker-like icon for the feedback link.  I
just don't like the current icon that's there ... though I think Bill did
exactly the right think in just posting the feedback link with an icon
rather than waiting to get the perfect icon.