[OWW-SC] POWW!

Julius B. Lucks julius at younglucks.com
Tue Jan 15 19:51:45 EST 2008

Sorry to be late on this discussion, but the tactic of arXiv from the
beginning has been to have a completely latex-based system.
Submitting to the arXiv is not much more than giving them your latex
file and figure files, and they put them together in the same way as
you do when you work on them.  It would be a big jump to force people
to use latex, but having the primary document source be a text file
makes the piplelines much easier.

In any case, there is a nice background article about Paul Ginsparg
(founder of the arXiv) called "Can Peer Review Be Better Focused?"
that has some interesting thoughts/ideas - http://
people.ccmr.cornell.edu/~ginsparg/blurb/pg02pr.html .

Cheers,

Julius

Please Reply to My Permanent Address: julius at younglucks.com
http://www.openwetware.org/wiki/User:Julius_B._Lucks