[OWW-SC] welcome to OpenWetWare's new managing director Lorrie LeJeune

Reshma Shetty rshetty at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 7 18:02:50 EST 2008

Hello,

As most of you know if you've looked at the OpenWetWare homepage or
called in to recent steering committee meetings, we've had a search
open for a second full-time member of OpenWetWare team.  After
launching a new search for an OpenWetWare managing director in the
last few months, we've extended an offer to Lorrie LeJeune.  And we
are excited to say that she has accepted.

Lorrie will bring a diverse set of skills to OpenWetWare.  Most
notably, she's worked previously both as a laboratory research
scientist at Collaborative Research, Inc. (now Oscient
Pharmaceuticals, Inc.) and as an editor at O'Reilly Media, Inc. for
all of O'Reilly's bioinformatics books.  She even drew the artwork on
some of the O'Reilly covers!  Lorrie will officially begin work
full-time at OpenWetWare on February 4.

Many of you had an opportunity to speak with Lorrie at a previous
steering committee meeting.  You'll all have a chance to speak again
with Lorrie at the upcoming steering committee meeting on Thursday.

Please join me in welcoming Lorrie to the OpenWetWare community!

Thanks,

Reshma
on behalf of the OpenWetWare Board