[OWW-SC] [OWW-Discuss] merge discuss and sc list?

Mackenzie Cowell macowell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 23:57:41 EST 2008

I second this idea.
I was completely clueless about the discuss list until this afternoon, when
austin made incidental comment about an email he had sent to it.  I don't
think there is a good practical reason to keep them separated at this point.
 We can always reestablish an SC list if there are lots of SC-only topics
that would otherwise pollute the discuss list.

mac

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Jason Kelly <jasonk at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to propose a merging of the discuss at oww and sc at oww lists.
> Most of the emails on the SC list aren't exclusively "SC business"
> (whatever that means), and I think having the multiple lists prevents
> new OWW users who only sign up for the discuss list from finding out
> what's going on in the OWW community (since most of that comes up on
> SC list). For instance, recent emails from Dan to the discuss list
> saying he didn't know about SC meeting details.
>
> The SC list has 47 members.  The discuss list has 65 members.  There
> are 18 people that are on SC list but not on the discuss list, so we'd
> merge them into discuss.  (Thanks ilya for stats)
>
> Alternatively, we can be more diligent about emailing
> community-related things to the discuss list, but it just seems easier
> to merge.  If the traffic gets too bad we could always start an
> "announce" list or a list for a particular subtopic that had lots of
> traffic.
>
> What do people think?
>
> Thanks,
> jason