[OWW-SC] merge discuss and sc list?

Jason Kelly jasonk at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 13 23:47:14 EST 2008

Hi folks,

I'd like to propose a merging of the discuss at oww and sc at oww lists.
Most of the emails on the SC list aren't exclusively "SC business"
(whatever that means), and I think having the multiple lists prevents
new OWW users who only sign up for the discuss list from finding out
what's going on in the OWW community (since most of that comes up on
SC list). For instance, recent emails from Dan to the discuss list
saying he didn't know about SC meeting details.

The SC list has 47 members.  The discuss list has 65 members.  There
are 18 people that are on SC list but not on the discuss list, so we'd
merge them into discuss.  (Thanks ilya for stats)

Alternatively, we can be more diligent about emailing
community-related things to the discuss list, but it just seems easier
to merge.  If the traffic gets too bad we could always start an
"announce" list or a list for a particular subtopic that had lots of
traffic.

What do people think?

Thanks,
jason