[OWW-SC] page DOIs

Julius B. Lucks julius at younglucks.com
Tue Sep 18 14:47:16 EDT 2007

Well it seems to me that if we call them DOI's, but they are not
resolvable by dx.doi.org (or some other doi resolver), then they
might wind up juts confusing people.  Since DOI's have an
infrastructure surrounding them, I would think we would want to try
to plug into that as much as possible in order to be 'official'.

What is the big cost associated with DOI's?  Is it registration of
the numbers, hardware costs, or both?  Perhaps if we don't
automatically register every page, but only pages that people request
to be registered, we could keep the cost down.  Also, what
organization would we contact to possibly get DOI registration
donated to us?  I wouldn't mind pursuing this, as I think it is a
very important issue for us in terms of 'legitimizing' oww content.

Cheers,

Julius

Please Reply to My Permanent Address: julius at younglucks.com
http://www.openwetware.org/wiki/User:Julius_B._Lucks