[OWW-SC] OpenWetWare User Manaagement System: User Page created for new users autmatically

Bill F bill.altmail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 18:19:53 EDT 2007

Per Reshma's questions,

1. I can add the function call to register the user page in the page change
list. This is a 2 line code change. I'm not implementing it now.

2. I like the idea of using the mediawiki email address obfuscation. For
now, you don't need to nclude the emai address. Just omit the UMS_EMAIL tag
in the text of the page to get rid of it. I'll look at the feature you
mentioned and see if I can pass that in rather than the email address.

Per Julian's comments

3. I may go back and comment the wikitext thats' used in the page to
accomplish what I mentioned before: show how tables and tex are formatted as
well as how links are created. This will be the first document new users
will encounter that they will be given the opportunity to modify. We can at
least be clear about how the rather cryptic tags work and provide a little
info on where to get more information about it.

I also send my thanks to Maureen for the suggestion!

Ilya has pointed out that the admin email address isn't showing up in
approval messages. I'm fixing that now and will document any changes related
to it.

Thanks:

I hope you find it useful. Tell us how to make it even MORE useful.

Thanks.

Bill