[OWW-SC] Mailing list is now available

Bill Flanagan wjf42 at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 4 15:24:47 EDT 2007

To all,

I've completed an export and a cleanup of the email addresses from
OpenWetWare.

The addresses won't be saved in the OWW wiki for obvious reasons. For now,
I'm creating a database table to contain these records and will hook it to
UMS so that new approved members are automatically added to it. If the
address already is in use, the latest name will be associated with the
address. I may also look at how to update it from OpenWetWare itself so that
address changes will also be added to it. There are a good number of
duplicate emtries that have been removed from the list.I also removed any
entries that didn't have a valid email address.

 If anyone wants the stats, let me know.

I can't say that we can do a bulk import into the MIT mailing list manager;
offhand, I'll bet we can, but I'll check. My goal is to have the list
imported into a mailing list manager and ready to send out mailings over the
next week.

Thanks.

Bill Flanagan
www.OpenWetWare.org