[OWW-SC] More changes coming as part of the OWW Lab Notebook Working Group.

Drew Endy endy at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 1 17:58:14 EDT 2007

Bill,

Your email and work are terrific, at many levels.

It is fun to imagine having a magic link for restriction enzymes
(also at many levels).

Perhaps, just to demo something we could try something for New
England Biolabs.  "NEB BamHI" would link to: http://www.neb.com/
nebecomm/products/productR0136.asp

I think that this would be a pretty interesting experiment for us.
First, the NEB website has the best information on their restriction
enzymes (they are a special company).    Second, on longer time
scales, maybe NEB would start to appreciate OWW for directing traffic
in their general direction.  This last statement implies a lot, and I
don't mean to skip over any conversations about how OWW works and
what our values are, but I still think that this idea is sufficiently
interesting and important that we should try a pilot experiment, if
we can afford it.

All best,
Drew