[OWW-SC] whats new section

Julius Lucks lucks at fas.harvard.edu
Fri May 18 16:33:28 EDT 2007

I actually think the what's new section should not be just about
OWW.  For example, the PLoS link that featured OWW on it (that Sri
sent out a while ago) was a great advertisement for OWW, but probably
a better one for PLoS - that it is not only a good source for journal
content, but other 'on the web' content that its readers might like.
I think we should open up the OWW highlights and what's new section
so that people can start to look at OWW as a portal for all sorts of
content, most of which is on the actual OWW site.

Nature and Science both have highlights of other journal papers (and
even News and Views), which is probably the most useful thing about
those journals.  I would like to see the OWW community able to
aggregate other sources and highlight them for the rest of the OWW
users (so I don't have to read a million RSS feeds myself.)

Cheers,

Julius

---
http://www.openwetware.org/wiki/User:Julius_B._Lucks