[OWW-SC] usernames

Austin Che austin at csail.mit.edu
Thu May 3 12:20:20 EDT 2007

> yeah, ill be 'Jason R Kelly'.  I agree with the no period thing.
>
> jason
>
> On 5/3/07, Julius Lucks <lucks at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> I'll volunteer to change my name.  2 points though:
>>
>> 1.) I would recommend not having a period for the middle initial
>> 2.) I am not a 'Bureaucrat' (well I am, but OWW does not recognize me as
>> one), so can you please change my name from 'Lucks' to 'Julius B Lucks'

    Before we change anyone, we need to settle on the period. It seems
    to me that the period is standard after an initial on
    publications, citations, etc. I couldn't find the exact
    MLA/APA/etc standard for author names, but is there a particular
    reason you don't want a period?

    I've started a page for discussion and thoughts at:
    http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Username_policy

    Sorry, I didn't realize you have to be a bureaucrat not a sysop.
    If you want to be renamed, add yourself to
    http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare_talk:Username_policy

--
Austin Che           <austin at csail.mit.edu>          (617)253-5899