[OWW-SC] SC Meeting Friday @ Noon in CYBERSPACE ;)

Austin Che austin at csail.mit.edu
Thu Mar 8 22:08:43 EST 2007

> We'll be calling into the MIT conf call system since that worked
> pretty well last time, the number will be:
> 617-324-7520

    I've set up an experimental voip bridge so people can call in for
    free from their computers. If you dial
    16173247520 at asterisk.austinche.name using any SIP softphone, you
    should get in to the above system. If you want to test it out
    beforehand, you can also try calling any other MIT
    number. 16172535899 at asterisk.austinche.name should call my
    office. For more fun, call 16172533696 at asterisk.austinche.name to
    get the MIT's automated information line. It should let you know
    whether your software/the system is working.

    I would guess any SIP softphone client should work
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SIP_software#SIP_clients
    I think the sjphone client or the gizmo project should work fine,
    but not tested by me...

    You shouldn't need to register with anyhwere. Just dial the above
    number.

    Update: I just did a test and it works fine except right now it
    seems that the MIT VoIP system only allows one outbound call at a
    time. I'm going to try to set up a conference bridge on my own
    system so that multiple people can call in but if that doesn't
    work, whoever calls the conference number first tomorrow wins :)

    Again, dial this number for tomorrow:
    16173247520 at asterisk.austinche.name

--
Austin Che           <austin at csail.mit.edu>          (617)253-5899