[OWW-SC] [OWW-Admin] (Message for OpenWetWare Steering Committee) OpenWetWare.org and OpenDryWare.org aka myExperiment.org

John Cumbers johncumbers at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 11:47:34 EST 2007

Carol Goble is a big name in the UK, one of the tutorials at BioSysBio was
on Taverna and I think this might be something worth pursuing.
cheers,

John

On 1/27/07, Antoon Goderis <goderisa at cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Open Wet Ware Steering Committee,
>
> We have recently come across the existence of the Open Wet Ware portal
> with interest and delight. In the context of the myGrid project [1] and
> its Taverna workbench [2], we are currently prototyping a similar
> initiative for bioinformaticians working in silico in the 'dry lab' of
> the Web, dubbed myExperiment.org (see [3],[4]). Bar some important
> differences, it would seem much of the overarching vision and underlying
> infrastructure for sharing and reuse is the same for wet lab and dry lab
> protocols. You can find some of our plans on-line at [5] and [6].
>
> We noticed your recent call for comments based on your NSF proposal
> feedback. Our project recently secured funding for full time myExperiment
> developers. It would be great if we could join forces and not reinvent
> any wheels.
>
> Carole Goble, the myGrid project leader, is visiting Boston next week for
> a talk [7]. Would you be available to hook up with her for a chat on
> Friday February 2nd? She can be reached at carole at cs.man.ac.uk
>
> Best regards,
>
> Antoon Goderis, on behalf of the myGrid team
> Information Management Group
> University of Manchester
> United Kingdom
>
> http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:AntoonGoderis
>
> --
> [1] http://www.mygrid.org.uk
> [2] http://taverna.sourceforge.net
> [3] http://www.myexperiment.org/
> [4] http://www.newscientisttech.com/article.ns?id=mg19225745.500
> [5] http://www.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/Portal
> [6] http://www.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/Mygrid/WorkflowRepository
> [7] http://iic.harvard.edu/event12.php

John Cumbers,  Graduate Student in Computational Biology
Brown University, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Box G-W
80 Waterman Street, Providence, Rhode Island, 02912, USA
Tel USA: +1 401 523 8190,  Fax: +1 401 863-2166
UK to USA: 0207 617 7824