[OWW-SC] Fwd: Fwd: Transfer Private to Public?

Jason Kelly jasonk at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 10 12:38:20 EST 2007

More on private wikis.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steven J. Koch <sjkoch at unm.edu>
Date: Feb 10, 2007 12:30 PM
Subject: RE: [OWW-SC] Fwd: Transfer Private to Public?
To: Jason Kelly <jasonk at mit.edu>, austin at csail.mit.edu

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I think we will use the category
suggestion and then after the transfer delete the tags from the pages.  My
intention is to just get the pages in a reasonable form and then transfer
them over one time only.  I have some young people sketching them out and I
think it will be too much to sketch them out from scratch on the real OWW.
And yes, that scares me a little too, as I am still new to it, but I do see
that it would be fine and at the most possibly instructional and not bad.

One thing that has really surprised me is that almost all of the students
are afraid to write anything on the public wiki for our course (PHYC500).  I
had incorrectly assumed that in the age of myspace people would be all over
it.  Huh.  I guess I need to tie OWW contributions to their grade.

OK, thanks for the advice,

Steve