[OWW-SC] Fwd: Transfer Private to Public?

Austin Che austin at csail.mit.edu
Wed Feb 7 22:50:45 EST 2007

    I think the best method depends on how many pages people will want
    to move and how they want to move it. Putting pages to be moved
    under a common prefix isn't necessary for moving as we can easily
    tack on a prefix during the move. But if it helps to recognize
    what should be moved, then that's fine. If it's just going to be
    single pages to be moved by hand, it doesn't matter much at this
    point whatever they do. If the pages are going to be moved once
    and that's it, it'd be much simpler than if pages will be moved
    from private to public, continued to be edited on the private, and
    then later moved again to public. I'm not sure about tagging with
    categories but if that helps them figure out what should or
    shouldn't be moved, then they can go for it. Just that those pages
    after being moved will still have those categories on them and
    won't make sense on the public site. Basically, it really depends
    on how they intend to use it.

    I think for most people, bulk moving of pages from private to
    public is unlikely (other than maybe moving the entire
    wiki). Moving an entire wiki is straightforward and nothing
    special should be done with the private wiki. For moving single
    pages at a time manually, I can think of also nothing that can be
    done now with the page to make it easier to move at a later
    time. Thus, I'd personally go with doing nothing special right now
    unless they have special needs that they forsee having.

--
Austin Che           <austin at csail.mit.edu>          (617)253-5899