[OWW-SC] Next meeting Thursday Feb 15th

Jason Kelly jasonk at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 7 00:52:18 EST 2007

Hi SC,

The next SC meeting will be on Feb 15th @ Noon.

This Thursday is the 2nd Thursday of the month (barely), but that fact
escaped me and I didn't mail out a reminder - sorry!  So we'll be
meeting next Thursday to make sure that people can make it.  Please
email me if you can't and also if you are planning on calling in.

I (and others) are concerned that the SC meetings have taken on too
much of a long term planning / funding strategy character.  We'd like
to bring the SC back on the mission of being the voice of scientists
who are using the site.  It should be focused on figuring out what's
missing from the site, suggesting new features, etc.

At the last meeting we decided to discuss possible defined positions
for SC members to help the meetings be more productive and also as a
way to encourage more participation (e.g. it's easier for someone to
step into a defined role than cold call into a meeting).

Here's a discussion page to brainstorm positions, lets try and get a
list together in time for the meeting and then we can figure out which
ones make sense:
http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Steering_committee/What_positions_would_be_useful%3F

Thanks!
jason

p.s. feel free to add other topics for the next meeting here:
http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Steering_committee_next_meeting