[OWW-SC] Private wikis?

Barry Canton bcanton at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 12 09:27:07 EDT 2007

How do we think the private wiki test is going?  I'd be especially
interested to hear from those with private wikis.

I got a request on behalf of some MIT faculty behind the SMART program
(Singapore-MIT alliance) who want to build their website on OWW.  As
expected they are put off by the lack of access control and are now
wondering if it's possible to keep their entire site private.

My feeling is that we shouldn't give out private wikis unless we think
people are likely to use the public site significantly too.

What do others think?  Do we have enough info. to decide a general policy
for granting private wikis?

Barry