[OWW-SC] Fwd: [Synthetic Biology] Synthetic Gene Design Software Collection

Barry Canton bcanton at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 12 10:16:58 EDT 2006

evolvingcode.net is a bioinformatics wiki being maintained at UMBC.  In line
with Drew's invitation they might be interested in the wider community they
could reach through OWW.

One thing they have that I hadn't see before is phpBB, its open source
bulletin board software that can be embedded into wikis (including
Mediawiki).  Might be worth checking out.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/PHPBB/Users_Integration

Barry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gang Wu <wug1 at umbc.edu>
Date: Sep 12, 2006 9:56 AM
Subject: [Synthetic Biology] Synthetic Gene Design Software Collection
To: discuss at syntheticbiology.org

Hi,

I have compiled a list of computer programs capable of back-translating
and/or re-designing a gene, mainly for improving protein
over-expression. The URL is http://www.evolvingcode.net/codon. I hope
it'll be useful for people in the field. Any comments or suggestions are
highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Gang

--