[OWW-SC] OpenWetWare and Nature Publishing Group

natalie kuldell nkuldell at mit.edu
Fri Jul 7 21:16:18 EDT 2006

Sri and SC-
I'd like to second Drew's sentiment and congratulate you all on the
soon-to-be-submitted NSF proposal. Jason, Sri, and Reshma in
particular put in a heroic effort to shepherd the grant submission
and I hope the outcome is favorable.

The NPG offer deserves some thoughtful consideration, beginning at
the next SC meeting. I would like to see the details of the offer
considered in the context of  a larger discussion describing OWW's
future (both the vision and its execution). This larger topic has
been raised repeatedly and there seems to be no consensus. I wonder
if it would be worth each SC member individually investing some
"pre-meeting" time reflecting on what he/she would like OWW to look
like/run like 1 year and 5 years from now and come to the next SC
meeting ready to articulate priorities.

If the agenda for the next SC meeting is too full to accommodate such
a discussion then I would favor the 1/2 day splurge that Drew
described.
Thanks,
Natalie