[Oww-Feedback] Contact us. (from Ofri Raviv)

Bill Flanagan bill.altmail at gmail.com
Mon May 19 17:23:05 EDT 2008

Because of our occasional session timeout problems, we encourage people to
save often. This means it's indexed often as well.

Bill Hooker mentioned in his email that his lab isn't allowed to use OWW; he
was a bit embarrassed about being caught with a problem that brought
attention to him. He wanted to try it out and then got stuck with a problem.

i'm not saying there's an obvious way to intro a 'drafts' feature, by the
way. It's not part of the core MediaWiki code and I've done some looking
into it in the past. I'd not anticipate a slam-dunk implementation.

It's taken me a while to put out uncooked issues in email: that's for a
closed list. Saving it OWW means all the web will know about it if I don't
do something to keep it from disseminating.

For the real techies, they also will figure out that clearing the data still
leaves the original data in an old page revision. We don't index that data
but it's there for posterity.

Thanks.