[Oww-Feedback] New Notebook (from Federico Castro )

Bill F bill.altmail at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 09:57:46 EST 2008

Frederico,

Per your comments....

*I like the option that automatically links one project with the entries in
the notebook, it's very useful.

Good.

*It would be nice if the Lab Notebook had the option of showing the next
three months instead of the current one.

It can. We're eventually moving to a better calendar display. I'll provide
setup instructions for 3 months as an option.

*The Lab Notebook is not being shown to other users. This is a major problem
and I know you're already working on this problem.

Thanks for your understanding. We're moving from a single-user original
model to one in which many user's lab notebooks coexist in OpenWetWare.

*I still don't understand the Category "Shadow entry"

Shadow entries are created by the calendar to format the Project page. They
are not meant to be edited or used. As soon as we find a way to eliminate
them, we will. I think you may be noticing the category on one of your
Project pages. This is a result of using one of the templates and extensions
we use to construct the Project views. It will disappear as soon as we find
a way around the shadow pages.

*Previously I had another Notebook. With the new notebook I had to redirect
manually all the entries from the old notebook to the new ones... It's a lot
of work and I'm afraid a I left OWW with a lot of blank pages that just
redirect to a new entry in the notebook.

I'll take a look at the pages. Those pages can be deleted if they are no
longer used. If there was something that caused them to be created as a
result of what the new Lab Notebook did, we want to get on top of it. Again,
I'll look around and see what we can find.

Thanks for your feedback. Your comments are very helpful!