[mitreid-connect] Custom scopes and UserInfo, profile update

Sylvain Decourval - dejamobile sylvain.decourval at dejamobile.com
Thu Jun 9 04:27:09 EDT 2016

Hello,

I find your solution  very interesting and I would like to implement a custom behaviour on the backend side. And may need some help or advice on how to achieve this.
The main idea is to allow some clients to update the existing userInfo, I mean directly from a new UserInfo API method.
As I understand OIDC I will need to introduce a new scope, say 'update-profile' and have the client request that scope which will then be submitted to user consent.
Then the client posts the updated data with the token and UserInfo is udpdated.

I was wondering if it is a good idea to extend the API ?
I have not gone deep enough to understand if there is another better way to implement that feature and I have probably missed something.

Did any of you ever implement such a solution ?

Thank you in advance

Sylvain