[mitreid-connect] Upgrade DB schema from 1.1.x to 1.2.x

Luiz Omori luiz.omori at duke.edu
Thu Dec 10 13:34:59 EST 2015

Yes, we were not planning to use the old schema. It occurred by mistake when we were testing the newer version.

I was testing the upgrade procedure by extracting the data from one of our production servers and send it to a test server. Since a POST is need, was using POSTMAN but it kept crashing. Then tried a simple GET from the browser after logging in and got an extremely large JSON. It has 67038+ entries under “grants”.  See example below. Any idea of what could be wrong? We will debug it otherwise. Our concern is that this info is being stored there and if unbounded the server is going to blow up at some point.

     {
        "id": 67038,
        "ownerId": null,
        "authentication": {
          "clientAuthorization": {
            "requestParameters": {
              "grant_type": "password",
              "client_secret": <removed>,
              "client_id": <removed>,
              "username": <removed>
            },
            "clientId": <removed>,
            "scope": [
              "openid",
              "profile"
            ],
            "resourceIds": [],
            "authorities": [],
            "approved": true,
            "redirectUri": null,
            "responseTypes": [],
            "extensions": {},
            "extensionStrings": {}
          },
          "userAuthentication": "rO0ABXNyAE9vcmcuc3ByaW5nZnJhbWV3b3JrLnNlY3VyaXR5LmF1dGhlbnRpY2F0aW9uLlVzZXJuYW1lUGFzc3dvcmRBdXRoZW50aWNhdGlvblRva2VuAAAAAAAAATYCAAJMAAtjcmVkZW50aWFsc3QAEkxqYXZhL2xhbmcvT2JqZWN0O0wACXByaW5jaXBhbHEAfgABeHIAR29yZy5zcHJpbmdmcmFtZXdvcmsuc2VjdXJpdHkuYXV0aGVudGljYXRpb24uQWJzdHJhY3RBdXRoZW50aWNhdGlvblRva2Vu06oofm5HZA4CAANaAA1hdXRoZW50aWNhdGVkTAALYXV0aG9yaXRpZXN0ABZMamF2YS91dGlsL0NvbGxlY3Rpb247TAAHZGV0YWlsc3EAfgABeHABc3IAJmphdmEudXRpbC5Db2xsZWN0aW9ucyRVbm1vZGlmaWFibGVMaXN0_A8lMbXsjhACAAFMAARsaXN0dAAQTGphdmEvdXRpbC9MaXN0O3hyACxqYXZhLnV0aWwuQ29sbGVjdGlvbnMkVW5tb2RpZmlhYmxlQ29sbGVjdGlvbhlCAIDLXvceAgABTAABY3EAfgADeHBzcgATamF2YS51dGlsLkFycmF5TGlzdHiB0h2Zx2GdAwABSQAEc2l6ZXhwAAAAAncEAAAAAnNyAEJvcmcuc3ByaW5nZnJhbWV3b3JrLnNlY3VyaXR5LmNvcmUuYXV0aG9yaXR5LlNpbXBsZUdyYW50ZWRBdXRob3JpdHkAAAAAAAABNgIAAUwABHJvbGV0ABJMamF2YS9sYW5nL1N0cmluZzt4cHQAClJPTEVfQURNSU5zcQB-AAt0AAlST0xFX1VTRVJ4cQB-AApwcHNyAEFvcmcuc3ByaW5nZnJhbWV3b3JrLnNlY3VyaXR5LmxkYXAudXNlcmRldGFpbHMuTGRhcFVzZXJEZXRhaWxzSW1wbAAAAAAAAAFAAgAKWgARYWNjb3VudE5vbkV4cGlyZWRaABBhY2NvdW50Tm9uTG9ja2VkWgAVY3JlZGVudGlhbHNOb25FeHBpcmVkWgAHZW5hYmxlZEkAFGdyYWNlTG9naW5zUmVtYWluaW5nSQAUdGltZUJlZm9yZUV4cGlyYXRpb25MAAthdXRob3JpdGllc3EAfgADTAACZG5xAH4ADEwACHBhc3N3b3JkcQB-AAxMAAh1c2VybmFtZXEAfgAMeHABAQEBf____3____9zcQB-AAVzcQB-AAkAAAACdwQAAAACcQB-AA1xAH4AD3hxAH4AFHQATmNuPUNBVFNfZGFzaHNydixvdT1TZXJ2aWNlQWNjb3VudHMsb3U9RW50ZXJwcmlzZUFjY291bnRzLGRjPWRoZSxkYz1kdWtlLGRjPWVkdXB0AAxDQVRTX2Rhc2hzcnY=",
          "savedUserAuthentication": {
            "name": <removed>,
            "sourceClass": "org.springframework.security.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken",
            "authenticated": true,
            "authorities": [
              "ROLE_ADMIN",
              "ROLE_USER"