[mitreid-connect] Structured Scopes?

Tony Fendall [DATACOM] TonyF at datacom.co.nz
Wed Aug 26 21:30:49 EDT 2015

Hi all

Can anyone point me towards documentation of structured scopes and how they work?  I couldn't find any references to structured scopes in the OIDC docs.

In my app I want to provide two scopes.  One allows read-only access to some data, the other should provide write access.  I could create these as independent scopes, but I had a hunch that structured scopes might work here as hierarchical scopes (and automatically give anyone with write access read access also).  Am I on the right track, or do structured scopes mean something different?

Thanks
Tony Fendall

Solution Architect
Datacom New Zealand |  210 Federal Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Email: tonyf at datacom.co.nz<mailto:tonyf at datacom.co.nz> |  Ph: +64-9-303-1489 | Mob: +64-21-130-8992