[mitreid-connect] Interoperability with Salesforce.com

Kari Hiitola kari.hiitola at vincit.fi
Thu Sep 4 16:04:47 EDT 2014

Justin,

Thanks a lot for a quick response.

It is their client library. Don't know if they implemented it
themselves, though. The only indication that I was able to find was
the "Unknown Flow" error. I have tried two different hosts and SSL
certs. What they have in common is that they both are wildcard certs,
whereas accounts.google.com has a non-wildcard cert. But judging from
the fact that authentication hasn't failed every time (albeit almost)
I wouldn't think that the cert is to blame. I don't know the crypto
scheme well enough to know how picky it is about clock sync, but I got
a hunch that misaligned clocks could cause such problems. Looking at
the network traces they couldn't be off more that a couple of seconds.

I will open a ticket in Salesforce.com as soon as I can get a real SF
account. With a developer account that doesn't seem to work. I'll get
back to you if  they can find out something more about why it's
failing.

Thanks,
 - Kari