[mitreid-connect] Null Pointer Exception

Felipe Polo-Wood felipe.polowood at duke.edu
Tue Dec 9 14:01:09 EST 2014

?We have set up the ldap-openid-connect-server for testing and I am able to login directly, but it is failing to authenticate my client.  The following URL, brings up the credentials screen, but then after the login it throws an Exception.

http://vml-catstools2:8080/ldap-openid-connect-server/authorize?client_id=OnRampTestClient&redirect_uri=smartapp://callback&scope=launch/patient%20user/*.*%20patient/*.read%20openid%20profile&response_type=code&state=4D640684

incluying relevant lines:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        org.mitre.oauth2.web.OAuthConfirmationController.confimAccess(OAuthConfirmationController.java:154)
        org.mitre.oauth2.web.OAuthConfirmationController$$FastClassByCGLIB$$608f3ba8.invoke(<generated>)
        org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204)
        org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:698)
        org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
        org.springframework.security.access.intercept.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:64)
        org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
        org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(CglibAopProxy.java:631)
        org.mitre.oauth2.web.OAuthConfirmationController$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$151ff338.confimAccess(<generated>)?

I have played with the settings in the "Manage Clients" screen, but without documentation, it is hard to know what to do there... but I keep getting this error.  Is this an error with the LDAP configuration?

I appreciate your help.

Felipe Polo-Wood
Office: +1.919.668.2268
Mobile: +1.919.741.421