[mitreid-connect] OpenID Connect PKI implementation question

Justin Richer jricher at mitre.org
Thu Apr 24 10:33:02 EDT 2014

This is likely a simple problem: your client code (ie, the Tomcat server
running simple-web-app) needs to be told to trust the certificate used
by the server (ie, the Tomcat server running
openid-connect-server-webapp). You're probably running a self-signed
cert or something, I'm assuming? You need to either get a cert signed by
a trusted authority or inject your server's certificate into Tomcat's
trust store for Simple Web App to find it. Getting certs into the trust
store is kind of a pain to do, but there's information on the web on how
to do that.

Also, for test instances (I'm assuming that's what this is at the
moment), note that you can always skip TLS. The requirement in the spec
is for "real" systems where you actually care about the security.

  -- Justin