[Mitai-announce] Last Amnesty International Discussion Series of the year!

Marisa Sotolongo sotolong at mit.edu
Thu May 7 18:49:00 EDT 2015

​

Hi everyone!

We will be having our last Amnesty International discussion series of the
year tomorrow (Friday), May 8th at 5:30pm. Come to our office in the Walker
Memorial basement (50-020) for dinner and discussion on the case of
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who was convicted on 30 charges of conspiracy, murder,
and other charges. 17 of these charges are punishable by the death penalty,
which was declared unconstitutional in Massachusetts in 1984. We'll also be
discussing his home state, Chechnya, a federal subject of Russia.

RSVP here <http://goo.gl/forms/0uOqPTrpzw>

If you are at all interested in *joining our exec team*, or simply getting
more involved in MIT Amnesty International, we encourage you to attend this
meeting! We'll be *gathering feedback* from this semester from those who
attend and *brainstorming ideas* for next semester, as well as having our
normal discussion series. Shoot us an email if you are interested in
getting more involved but can't make it!

Email: mitai-exec at mit.edu
Website: amnesty.mit.edu
Facebook: facebook.com/amnestymit