[Mitai-announce] Discussion Series 5/8

Marisa Sotolongo sotolong at mit.edu
Thu Apr 30 22:31:17 EDT 2015

​

Hello everyone,

We will not be having a discussion series this Friday (May 1st). However,
we will be having our last discussion series of the year next *Friday, May
8th at 5:30pm*.

We will be discussing the case of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who was convicted on
30 charges of conspiracy, murder, and other charges. 17 of these charges
are punishable by the death penalty, which was declared unconstitutional in
Massachusetts in 1984. Currently, 18 states have abolished the death
penalty. Amnesty International has long opposed the death penalty and all
forms of capital punishment.