[Mitai-announce] The Role Of Mass Incarceration in Reinforcing Racial Inequality

Marisa Sotolongo sotolong at mit.edu
Wed Apr 29 14:51:55 EDT 2015

*Join us to​night, April 29th for an event hosted by: *

*Amnesty International*
*MIT Black Students' Union*
*MIT Anthropology*

​W
e will explore the links between criminal justice and systemic racial
inequality in the United States. The panel will consist of short
introductions where our panelists will speak on topics of interest followed
by Question and Answer with both prepared and audience questions*.*

*Room 3-270*
*7:00-8:30*

*Dinner will be provided. Use this form to ​RSVP and ​suggest questions:*

*http://bit.ly/1HBrWQM <http://bit.ly/1HBrWQM>*

Our Panelists:
*Elizabeth Brown*, Assistant Professor of Sociology, UMass Boston
*Cory Greene*, Co-Founder of How Our Lives Link Altogether and
Community Organizer for the Center of NuLeadership on Urban Solutions
*Rheem Brooks*, Brown University Student Activist for Abolish the Box