[Mitai-announce] Discussion Series -- Immigration to ISIS (4/3/15)

Marisa Sotolongo sotolong at mit.edu
Thu Apr 2 13:22:34 EDT 2015

​
Hello everyone!

We have two events we'd like to advertise.

1. Our Discussion Series is *Friday*,* April 3rd*, at *5:30pm* in *50-020*.
Kelly Hoffman, a member of our executive team, will be leading a discussion
on immigration to ISIS-controlled territories. Please RSVP here
<http://goo.gl/forms/RZf7qKhKPE> so we know how much food to order!

​

2. A message forwarded from Bon Appetit @ MIT:

In honor of Farmworker Awareness Week, Bon Appetit @ MIT invites you to a
screening of Food Chains on April 7th. This powerful movie about
farmworkers shows the human cost hidden in our food supply and documents
the inspiring work of a group of tomato pickers from Florida, the Coalition
of Immokalee Workers. Bon Appetit supported the making of this film and was
the first food service company to sign onto the CIW's Fair Food Campaign,
in 2009. I’m excited to be at the screening to speak briefly about Bon
Appetit’s work to protect farmworkers and lead a discussion afterward for
those interested in participating. Appetizers will be provided.

For more information or to RSVP, go to: http://bit.ly/foodchains-MIT

Tuesday, April 7th

Flowers Dining Room, Maseeh Hall

7:00pm // Screening