[Mitai-announce] Amnesty International Discussion Series - Ferguson & Race Relations in the USA

Marisa Sotolongo sotolong at mit.edu
Fri Sep 12 09:04:37 EDT 2014

Hello all,

Welcome back! Our discussion series is kicking off tonight (September
12th), at *5:30pm*! Join us in Walker Memorial, *room 50-020* for Thai food
from Pepper Sky and discussion.

The topic this evening is the recent conflict in Ferguson. We'll be
discussing the lead up to the confrontations, the impact that race had and
still has on the politics of the town, and the militarization of the
police. We'll also be discussing Amnesty International's involvement in
this conflict, as well as the issues of freedom of speech and freedom of
the press.

Please RSVP here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rwflGhsQ6Y40Hyb3g1zAiWaGq-MxyFl4QEaKeR-bVuk/viewform?usp=send_form>!
We hope to see you this evening. Email mitai-exec at mit.edu with any