[Mitai-announce] Please vote for my team in the IDEAS MIT Global Challenge!

Hanzhi Zhu hannazhu at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 23 22:30:56 EDT 2013

And while you're checking out the teams, please vote for my team, Social Seam, as well!

We're creating a donation crowdfunding platform that changes the status quo of how crowdfunding is currently done. While you, as the donor, gives to causes that you care a lot about, one thing that you might worry quite a bit over is how your donations are being used. You might have just donated today to Jane on giveforward.com to support her cancer treatments, but, who knows, she could be using your donations to buy more of the cigarettes that gave her cancer in the first place. To give donors peace of mind, we are channeling your donations directly to the service provider (i.e. hospital, business) specified by the person-in-need. Now, you know exactly how your donations are being used. Plus, we make giving free...almost! You're supporting all these causes, but your bank account stays pretty much the same. Come to our showcase on Monday, April 29, 6:30-8:30PM to find out how!

Again, you can register here to vote: http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/users/register Thanks for your support!

Best,
Hanna Zhu
Social Seam Team
________________________________
From: Yiping Xing [yipingx at MIT.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:14 PM
To: Amnesty International
Cc: mitai-announce at mit.edu
Subject: Please vote for my team in the IDEAS MIT Global Challenge!

Hey guys!!

I am competing in MIT's Ideas Global Challenge so that we (my team) can get the funding to carry out our waste management project, called Hope in Flight, in Northern Ghana this summer! We are using black soldier flies to turn organic waste into animal feed. Hope in Flight aims to address the problem of waste accumulation while adopting a social business model to encourage grassroots economic development. We would really appreciate it if you could vote for our project on the IDEAS challenge website; the top 3 teams with the most votes get automatic funding (more funding = more things we can do on the ground this June)!

Here are the three steps:
Register at http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/users/register

Vote for Hope in Flight:
http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/teams/view/431
Place your vote on a team’s profile by selecting, “Vote.”

It would mean the world to me (and my team!!)!
Thanks a bunch! P.S. if you know anyone who wouldn't mind spending 2-3 minutes voting for my team, then please spread the word!

Yiping