[Mitai-announce] FW: Solidarity with the People of Syria Demonstration Tomorrow, Copley Square, Boston

Hanzhi Zhu hannazhu at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 9 20:11:56 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

If you enjoyed our event yesterday with Noam Chomsky, you might be interested in participating in a demonstration for Syria (details below) that is taking place at 1PM tomorrow, 3/10, in Copley Square, Boston.

In addition, you are welcome to attend MIT Amnesty International's next meeting:

Where: 1-132 (Building 1, Rm. 132), near 77 Mass. Ave.
When: Wed, 3/14,  8:00PM - 9:00PM

Lastly, MIT Amnesty International apologizes for not having been able to give every one of you a chance to speak to Professor Chomsky. Out of respect for Professor Chomsky's time, we did not wish to keep him too long. In the future, we will try to manage the schedule better to provide greater opportunities for you to talk to our speakers.

Thank you very much for coming out to join us for a talk on a very important issue. We were glad to have all of you with us.

Sincerely,
Hanna Zhu
Amnesty International Co-President

________________________________
From: cgabriel at aiusa.org [cgabriel at aiusa.org]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 3:42 PM
Subject: Solidarity with the People of Syria Demonstration Tomorrow, Copley Square, Boston

Amnesty International is calling for a
Solidarity Demonstration with the People of Syria

Date: Saturday, March 10, 2012
Time: Between 1:00 -4:00 pm
Location: Copley Square, Boston, MA

Since March 2011, the Syrian government has engaged in a new wave of repression against Syrian civilians. Syrian security forces have detained, tortured, and even opened fire on thousands of peaceful protesters. Now, the Syrian government is escalating its use of force by shelling residential neighborhoods in the city of Homs. Amnesty International considers the Syrian government’s widespread and systematic attacks against civilians to be crimes against humanity. Meanwhile, the governments of Russia and China have used their vetoes to block meaningful action by the UN Security Council to stop the violence.

Join us to Stand in Solidarity with the People of Syria and Demand and End to the Violence Used Against Them

Suggestions for Messaging:
RUSSIA STOP the VIOLENCE in SYRIA

STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST PEACFUL PROTESTERS IN SYRIA

PROTECT THE RIGHT TO FREEDON OF EXPRESSION AND PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY
END MILITARY ASSAULT on the CITY or HOMS NOW!

UNITED WE STAND WITH THE PEOPLE OF SYRIA
SYRIA: THE EYES OF THE WORLD ARE WATCHING

HUMAN RIGHTS IN SYRIA

HOW MANY MORE CIVILIANS MUST DIE? STOP THE KILLING IN SYRIA

For further information please contact: Cynthia Gabriel cgabriel at aiusa.org or call
AI’s Northeast Regional Office, 617-623-0202

Cynthia Gabriel Walsh
Northeast Field Organizer, Amnesty International USA
58 Day Street, Somerville, MA 02144
cgabriel at aiusa.org or 617-623-0202

[cid:_1_0926A34C0926A10C0071B964852579BC]