[Mitai-announce] June 14 Panel Discussion on the situation of imprisoned Iranian physicist (and PhD candidate at UT Austin) Omid Kokabee

Samuel Markson smarkson at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 11 11:10:30 EDT 2012

Dear friends of Amnesty,

On June 14th, 7 p.m., in room 32-155 at MIT (that's the Stata Center), MIT
Amnesty International will be running a panel discussion on the topic of
Omid Kokabee, at UT Austin PhD Candidate and now a prisoner in Evin prison,
Tehran (with a 10-year sentence).  The event webpage,
here<http://web.mit.edu/amnesty/www/OmidKokabeeEvent.html>,
has all the event details, as well as a fair amount of recommended reading
and background on the case, as well as on the speakers, Prof. Eugene
Chudnovsky and Drs. Kamiar and Arash Alaei.

We hope you can attend and show support for a member of our scientific
community,

Warm regards,

Samuel Markson