[Mitai-announce] Amnesty Agenda Tomorrow

Hanzhi Zhu hannazhu at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 10 19:53:55 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

Here's the final stretch before our event kicks off tomorrow.

First: ***To those on MIT's announce list: if you are not a regular member of MIT Amnesty but would like to volunteer to help set up the event, email me (hannazhu at mit.edu) or reply to this message tonight. If you volunteer, you will get to personally meet Rainn Wilson and get your picture taken with him.***

So, this is the number of things that need to happen before and after the event:

Before:
- Clean up after the big event before us
- Set stuff up, like Amnesty materials (I'll have them), and NE Amnesty materials
- Move any equipment that needs to be moved
- Get speakers from their parking lots
- Check people in -- make sure they sign up with their name and email, give them a wristband, and give them fliers/programs
- Ushers to help people find seats
- Take care of setting up food and making sure it doesn't get messy
- Turn away extra people
- Other small things, like putting water bottles in place for speakers, putting in signs for reserved seating (for us volunteers and the press)

After:
- Get Rainn Wilson out before fans get to him through side exits at front of room
- Get our pictures taken with Rainn Wilson
- Clean up
- Celebrate
- Sleep for 12 hours now that the event has gone well
- Look for yourself in the Tech (if we get through to the Tech people)

Thanks everyone for all your hard work! (Again, please be there by 6pm.)

Hanna